Friday, August 17, 2007

In Barca

Well folks... have finally arrived in Barcelona...

After an uneventful flight ( was sleeping throughout), I landed in Barcelona on the 15th of Aug. Little did I know that 15th is a holiday and almost all of Barcelona is closed.
When I say closed, I mean closed. There was nothing at all in town that was open. The whole city looked deserted.

I landed at my new apartment in Barcelona. Its a nice cozy place near the college. I will post snaps a bit later on.

So, on the 15th, I went over to IESE. The old building is really small. It looks more like a villa than a college. But it somehow looks really cute as well :)
I have heard that the new building is much better and that you get a really amazin view of the city from there. Will check that out tomorrow.

The water in Barcelona sucks... it has a weird taste, and after drinkin a glass of it (I was desperate as there was no water at home ), I had an upset stomach.
Have decided to survive on mineral water for the rest of my stay here...

Today, I went over to IESE again. I applied for my resident permit and hopefully something should materialize in the next month or two. I also opened a bank account in La Caxia (had to do it to apply for the resident permit). Then, I got myself a new cell connection. Got a free phone as a part of the deal :). Feels good to get a free phone (something that still needs to happen in India)

Tomorrow, I plan on finishing off with my IESE resident permit work, and then I shall leave for the beach... will click some snaps tomorrow and post them here..

Till then... adios

8 comments:

Carmen said...

Welcome to Barca!!! See you soon! Enjoy the weekend!

Gonzalo said...

Hey Gautam... at last!!!

See you asap!

Gonzalo

Gautam said...

@Carmen

Thanks... Missed u at the party last night... Probably will catch up with you in the next get together

@Gonazalo
Feels good to be here... have u made any plans of coming?

Gonzalo said...

Sip... hahahaha ("sip", instead of "sí", is a way to write "yes" in spanish when you're chating, i do not why). I want to stay there with you all around the first week in september... See you!!!

gagneet said...

yeah babe!! u finally did it!
now where are the promised pics and what is the latest on your stomach.

send us that f* phone number C++...

- gags

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Gautam said...

@Gonazalo

Great... lookin forward to seein u in Sept... I still remember the beer tht i owe u :)

@Gagneet
Have mailed u my phone number... sorry dude, but havent been to the beach yet.. so, the pics are still due ;)

Arun Madas said...

Mast majaa maadi... Finally its time to start fresh in studies again !! keep rocking Gautam..