Thursday, July 26, 2007

End of (S)Pain........ Time to go to Spain...

Wohoooooo... its done... finally.... I have my visa :)

Surprisingly, this last trip to Delhi was perhaps the best one. Maybe the Spanish consulate has changed the way it works or maybe its just that I'm too happy to even bother about the little pain one goes through in the consulate.... I think its the latter ;)

The day started well. Reached the consulate in the morning to let them know that I have come to collect my visa. Had to wait in the queue for an hour. The lady behind the counter knew my name... and why wouldn't she... I have made sooo many trips to the consulate ;)

Well, they just entered something in the computer and asked me to come in at 2PM to pick up the visa.

Now, from my prev exp, I had learnt that it makes no sense coming in early. So, I turned up at 2:30. And boy, was I surprised. The consulate guys were actually waiting for me. I was out of the embassy within 10 minutes.
It really felt good to make them wait for a change ;)

Anyways, kept on looking at the visa and pinching myself to make sure that I am not dreaming. I really have gotten it :)

Now, I need to start working on my TODO list... there sooo much to do and sooooo little time...
Its time to leave for Spain baby..... :)

6 comments:

Gonzalo said...

Gautam, CONbhagraTULATIONS...:)

Gautam said...

Gracias Gonzalo....

I guess another way of putting it would be CON(bha)graTULATIONS :)

Abdul said...

Congrats dude, all the best...have a nice trip and good time in Spain...

-abdul

Carmen said...

Congratulations Gautam! See you in Barcelona!

Gautam said...

@Abdul,
Thanks a lot for ur wishes pal.. Do let me know in case you come over to Barcelona anytime..

@Carmen
Thanks a lot.. really lookin forward to comin to Barcelona...

Anonymous said...

All the best dude. Study well and meet us when you come back to India. Enjoy Madi !!

-Avinash