Wednesday, July 11, 2007

(S)Pain Continues

Finally got back from the consulate at Delhi... and boy, what a disappointment it was.

I reached the embassy thinking that its all a matter of time before we get our visas and I can start planning ahead on the things that need to be done before i leave. I was so wrong.

We stood in the queue again (only for 2 hrs though) and were finally ushered into the consulate.
I was asked to wait for some more time. Couple of minutes later, I had to give an interview. After asking me the typical questions (Why MBA, Why IESE etc), I was told that I will be contacted once the final decision arrives. On enquiring the time period that they are talking about, I was told that its gonna be a min of 3 weeks. This is too close to my travel plans (was gonna be flying out on 15 Aug).

Now, all I can do is wait and pray. Have to rethink on my travel plans and probably even give up on the beautiful apartment that I had almost rented :(

Keeping my fingers crossed.

6 comments:

Carmen said...

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you, Gautam and hope the answer will be positive. I liked the title of your post today. It seems that we all are experiencing a little (S)Pain, no matter where we are coming from. Just keep your eyes on the prize!

Gonzalo said...

Gautam... although I can't understand those weird embassy's decisions (if you are already admit, why they...need more? Hasn't IESE -which has prestige enough, I think- made a selection process?), be sure that everything will be ok. Anyway, I like the idea of "(S)Pain"... sometimes I think the same.

Ánimo, chaval, ¡a por ellos! Some day, within weeks, we will laugh at these nonsenses...

Gonzalo Carriazo

Gautam said...

@Carmen
Thanks for your wishes.... Therez nuthin much I can do but wait... the prize is what keeps me motivated :)

@Gonzalo
Even I do not understand this.. but U are right... I'm sure we are gonna have a good laugh at this in the coming weeks :)

Gonzalo said...

Any news, Gautam?

Gautam said...

No Gonzalo... no news yet...
Although, I am not expecting anything till first week of Aug. I was told that it will take a min of 3 weeks for them to take a decision.

Anonymous said...

*empathic hug* Yes, the (s)pain goes on... but hopefully you'll get to add the letter "s" to pain before Aug 15th!