Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Football Fever

I never was a football fan. Never understood the game and never ever made an effort even to try and figure out the game.

 

Things changed when i went to Hyderabad for a year. My rommie was a big football freak.

It was his TV, so we did not have a say whenever there was a football match happening.

Started following the English premier league thanks to him.

Started understanding things like off-side, red card, yellow card etc and other basic rules of the game.

I even started supporting a team for the league matches (Arsenal) and actually tried to see all of the matches Arsenal played.

 

The one year i spent in Hyderabad converted me into a complete football fan. I started liking the game much more than cricket, which i must say is by far the most broing game nowadays :)

 

Now that we have the world cup, its just like a dream for all us football fans.

All the big names in the world of football, competing against each other for the coveted cup.

Its just sooo much fun watching the game.Its so fast and with so much action, that you just do not feel like leaving your place for a single minute.

 

Well, football fever has completely caught me. I just can't miss out on a single match of this world cup, irrespective of the time its happening.

Luckily for me, my release is kinda over. So, all i need to do is relax, get a beer and chill out and watch the gurus do their magic.

No comments: