Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Alcohol United...

Just the other day, a friend of mine was commenting about alcohol.

"Why do you guys drink?", she asked. "The taste sucks and it just doesnt make sence drinking such a horrible liquid."

Well, that got me thinking. Why do we drink. She was true about it not tasting that great and yet we drink.

I didnt have to think long before i got my answers. The biggest reason why we drink is to promote brotherhood :)

You must be thinking that I am outta my mind to be even thinking in this way. Well, hear me out and I just might make sence.

Lets start off from college. Its your first year and there is no one you know. Just bring out a bottle of beer and share it with your peers. The next thing you know, you are best buddies. And trust me, this relation lasts for a lifetime.

In college, you have lotsa parties. Now, in a party, you really need to let go of your inhibitions and have a great time. Its not that easy, letting go of your inhibitions. What do you do?? You drink :)

Once you are drunk enough, you just let go of all your inhibitions and have a great time. You do things which you would normally not do  when you are sober, like proposing to someone ;). Well, you get yourself a girlfriend...all thanks to alcohol.

At job too, alcohol plays an important role. Big deals are signed over a glass of champagne. You have greater team bonding and enjoy more after getting druk with your team at least once :)

I really did not have to think any more. I know why i drink, and have found many justifiable reasons for it :)

Alcohol - The one thing that binds humanity together.

No comments: