Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Updates

Its been a long time since I updated my blog and I apologize to all my blog readers for the delay.
Life has been really hectic these past two months. Cant believe that it has already been more than 2 months since I came over to Barcelona.

Ok, so here are how things stand. I have started with my first term of MBA. Got 5 subjects this term. Accounting, Marketing, Analysis of Business Problems, Decision Analysis and Managing people in Organization. I also have Capital markets, but that's gonna start only after mid Nov.

It was not even 2 weeks into school that I had to visit London as part of the Banking tour. There were almost 80 of us students walking around the streets of London all dressed up in our black suites. It was a sight to see :). Overall, the trip was great as we got to see a lot of banks and meet with a lot of bankers and understand this industry.

Last week, we had our career forum. For 3 days, we had representatives from 50 odd companies coming down to our campus to present themselves and talk about the openings they have for the summer internship program. It was a great although hectic schedule. Got to learn a lot of a lot of companies.

Had an ABP report to submit today. As usual, I left it till the last minute and was working like crazy on it last night. Managed to write something and submit the report on time.

Next week I have my midterms. It really is scary coz this is the first exam that I shall be taking up after 5 yrs of break. I really am not used to studying anymore :( ..
Well, wish me luck. Need to hit the books now... I promise that I shall try to be more active on my blog...

Till later....

1 comment:

Arun Madas said...

Hey gautam,

Good to see your update on acads. London streets, black suits, banking domain... all sound so cool... Your courses rightly reflect what you want to take up next :) I am sure you would have bommed that first test as well after 5 years of break !! Dont lie... You got ACEd just before leaving adobe with cracking 85% !! Good luck for the acads and keep up your scores :) BTW, write about chicks as well in your free time !! oops excuse me (to your gf) :)